Unbundling timeline: what happens next?
Subscribe now for $100 (23 issues) and save more than 37% off the cover price!
Get the latest news from Computerworld delivered via email.
Sign up now
Starting in 2006
• Draft and introduce new Telco Act ammendments by year’s end
• Introduce new unconstrained UBS service
• Introduce naked DSL
• Introduce full local loop unbundling
• Implement monitoring process
• Review public sector spending on telecommunications
• Review Telecommunications Service Obligation (TSO)
Starting in 2007
• Develop rural broadband package (Probe II) and expand Digital Strategy broadband challenge
• Commerce Commission to conduct full stocktake of mobile sector
• Consider price discrimination issues that are a barrier to entry
• Commence policy analysis of separation of Telecom divisions
• Set up industry group to discuss Next Generation Network rollout impact
• MED to prepare a report into full structural separation of Telecom’s wholesale and retail divisions by December 2007 at the latest